The dosing and mixing of highly viscous media requires careful precautions. Since the medium is only capable of flowing at a certain temperature and achieves its specific processing properties in a certain temperature range, electrical heat tracing is urgently required to ensure that the medium can be processed. In all cases where the medium to be heated needs to be transported flexibly due to the system conditions, a heated hose is the optimal solution. Heated pressure hoses are used for heating, constant temperatures and heat-loss-free transport of media such as: Oil, grease, wax, resin, tar, paint, water, glue, plastic, casting compounds and food, thus forming the optimum supplement to a dosing system.
Regulated pressure hoses are used in all applications where media have to be transported flexibly without heat loss. They are mainly installed on robots and machine parts.
- hot-melt gluing systems, packaging, adhesive and labelling machines
- Surface technology/dosing and paint spraying systems
- Food industry, filling plants
- Foaming systems, PU foaming, roof renovation, packaging systems
- Epoxy resin plants
- Washing plants, steam cleaners, pipe cleaning
- Filling and silo hoses
- Dosing systems
- Heavy oil pipelines
- Glass industry for coating and bonding thermal glass sheets
- Adhesive robots
- Tank truck hoses
A heated hose always consists of an inner core, temperature sensor, heating conductor, insulation, outer jacket and end cap. Our focus is on individuality. According to specific customer requirements, each heated hose is configured and produced to meet your requirements.
Functionality of a heated pressure hose with regulated heating cable
Regulated pressure hoses are constructed with robust resistance heating cables. For this purpose, a serial resistance heating cable of our own manufacture is wrapped in bifilar form around the hose to be heated. A sensor mounted between the heating cable and the hose, in conjunction with a controller, regulates the temperature of the heating.
In-house production and development at our Burbach production site.
- Application temperature: 5 °C to 250 °C as a standard
- Nominal widths: 4 mm to 25 mm as a standard Voltage: 12 V to 400V
- Operating pressures: up to 500 bar
- Heating capacities optimised for specific applications
- Heating cables from our own production
- Available for the automotive industry as silicone-free/ LABS-free version
- Application-specific configuration
eltherm designer provides the tools to calculate, select and plan EHT systems and solutions for vessels and tanks.
Here you will find all download documents on the subject of electrical heat tracing. Brochures, technical data sheets, etc.
You already know the important key data of your application? Then you are exactly right with our inquiry forms.
Our product finder helps you to find the right products easily. As a result, you will receive an overview of the suitable products.